Monday, September 8, 2008

Calling it quits!

After 13+ years of pretending to be a beautician, I'm done. I've been injured for the last time. Taken too many chunks out of fingers and knuckles. This picture doesn't show it very well, but I've got a large V-shaped cut in the top of my finger.



Today, while cutting Lemur's hair, I just about took a square inch of flesh off. I know, I know--this is the reason they teach you not to cut the hair in your fingers past the second knuckle. I was just in a hurry to get it done, as 3-year-olds aren't the most patient clients.

Anyway, I'm done. We'll just have to suck it up and pay for someone else to do it. I've cut myself for the last time.

2 comments:

Ian and Kristin said...

I stopped cutting Ian's hair a year after we got married. More like he refuses to let me cut his hair! He is very particular about his hair and one time I used the wrong length and that was it. End of story!

Megan said...

I hate paying to get hair cut but I hate cutting it even more! I only do it because Ashley refuses to let anyone else, her Aunt is even a professional stylest. Hope your cut heals quickly!