Well, the other day, Ben went to shop for me for my birthday. This is what he came home with:
A chin-up bar that fits in a doorway. I guess it's for all the chin-ups that I do...or all the chin-ups I've been wanting to do...or something like that. I'll just say it was a Homer gift.
Before I criticize too much, though, I seem to remember a couple years back a time when I went to get Ben some shoes for his birthday. I came home with 2 pair for myself, too.
Hey, it happens to everyone, right?
6 comments:
My hubby is famous for this. One time for Christmas there was a really heavy present under the tree, and I just couldn't wait to find out what it was, as I opened it, he was so excited and I was thinking "this must be something really great, right?" So it turned out to be this 5 lb. handgun. I could barely hold it up straight. Then just this past mothers day, be bought me a powerwasher, what the heck am I going to do with a powerwasher? So I said, "I guess that means that my gift is really that you're going to wash my van?" Well, he's washed it twice since May. (I've had to take it to get it washed, cuz I don't know how to operate the thing) But I just made up for it, today I bought myself the kitchenaid mixer I wanted for mother's day. I'm not letting the kids touch this one. Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My parents are so weird about gifts. They only do birthdays for each other. I took it upon myself to think of a really good Father's Day gift for my dad. Probably the first non-clothing related gift he's gotten in a long time.
Im very guilty of the homer gift. One year on Ricks birthday we were at the mall, and I saw the curtains that I wanted for the front room. Well We got them for his birthday, they cost like $150 dollars too. Ill never forget the look his mother gave me when I told her that they were Ricks b-day present.
So if this was from a few days ago, how did he do today. When he left he said he was going to get you something. What ya get????
And you two are lucky cause your b-days are so close you can always say its for your birthday.
It is a sweet pull up bar. Go Janette!!!
Way to go Homer.....I mean Ben. I know that us guys have to stick together on these things. Although a nice set of Pings or a Nike Driver would have been my choice, I'm sure the pull up bar will be a nice addition.
Post a Comment