There are some very talented quilters in my ward. One of them has been kind enough to start a quilting group through Relief Society for anyone interested. I've always aspired to be a quilter, so it was exciting to go to our first class and then go shopping. We are going to make a throw, and see it through to completion--which means it won't just be a quilt top when we're done. It will be a real, quilted, binded quilt.
I thought I'd start with a quilt for Buddy, since he's technically my first born (by 4 minutes). So, off to the fabric store to be overwhelmed! I went to a little quilt shop, which is (unfortunately) going out of business and had all their stuff 40% off. There wasn't a huge selection, but I found this beautiful fabric (on the left in the picture). So, I got stuff for this quilt, which will (obviously) be for Missy. I left my "specs" home, so I wasn't sure how much to buy, but made some pretty good guesses.
Still wanting to get some fabric for Buddy (he had chosen reds and blues), I went to a different store--which wasn't having a sale, by the way. There was tons of really cute fabric there, though, and this is what I came away with. I can't wait to get started and I'll be sure to post my progress.
4 comments:
Cute! Love the fabric! I really like the ones you picked for Maren's quilt.
I loved quilting the couple of times I did it. Of course none are finished. People always start and class and never finish. And then Ive spent all this time and MOney on half done projects. The one was just a enrichment night from a woman who lived 80 miles away I guess that should have been a tip off that it would not get finished. I think having them in my ward I would have more of a chance to get it done.I hope that she sticks with it for you. And yes I cant wait to see the finish project.So awesome to have something that you made. Yeah!
I wanna do a quilt someday, that would be fun.
You always were the domestic one of us. I seem to remember some great projects that came from your old pajamas. Hats ... or something ... like that ... In my next life I want to be your college roommate again.
Post a Comment