Wednesday, October 8, 2008

DYK...

DYK (did you know) that Stride gum can be chewed with the wrapper on and the wrapper dissolves?

My kids informed me of this interesting bit of information. I've not popped a piece of unwrapped gum in my mouth before, but I've watched them do it. I did try to suck on the wrapper, without chewing it into the gum with no results. Apparently you have to chew it into the gum for it to work. Weird, huh?

(If you have your own bit of unimportant DYK info, share it with everyone in the comments. ;)

9 comments:

Clayton & Kayley Anderson said...

I'm going to have to try that, although it sounds a little gross! Did you know that if you take the tools out of your Windows Vista sidebar that they will get bigger and show more info? You don't need te sidebar, you can close it and still use the tools on your desktop. :)

admin. said...

I saw your blog and happened to have a pack of stride mandarin right by my couputer so I took a bite of it wrapper and all, and I got to tell you, MAYBE sooner or later it will go away but for now it is making the gum hard and it is just like chewing gum and paper at the same time. Its been about 5 minutes now and it still is just the same. I just dont know why you would chew gum with wrappers and who figures such things out but it was very interesting. Even now when I pull it out I can still see the paper mixed with the gum. And it is making my jaw tired. Out it comes. I love things like this and wow Im glad I got to try it out for myself. Thanks for the info.

Janette said...

ugh...I just tried it and there's still paper in the gum. Maybe I need to chew longer. I tried the winterblue. My kids swear the paper will dissolve. Weird.

Janette said...

It did eventually dissolve. The texture of the gum isn't quite the same, but the paper's gone!

Kristanne said...

Did you know that if you have a burning candle in your home, it will eventually cement itself with wax to the surface it is on. Well actually that only happens in my house, where I can't keep the darn kids out of the hot wax. I don't think I will try the gum wrapper though.

Lisachem said...

Um, I think lots of things will eventually dissolve in your mouth if you chew them long enough. Theoretically, rocks will dissolve if you chomp on them long enough. That doesn't mean that is what they were designed for. Who comes up with this stuff???

Soda Springs Idaho Home For Sale said...

Wierd, sounds like a joke kids make up to watch their parents do wierd things, then they go back to school and make a chart about it.

Janette said...

I've decided 6th graders make this stuff up.

Clayton & Kayley Anderson said...

I tried it and it works, but the thought of chewing paper just grosses me out and I spit it out. I wonder how anyone would come up with that? Has anyone run into a situation when there was no wastebasket or pocket to put a wrapper into? I bet any gum would do that, I doubt if it's just Stride, but ZI refuse to be the one to test it on Orbit!