Saturday, July 26, 2008

1st place!

Okay, I have to brag about Ben a bit more. This morning he ran a 5K fun run in Sunset. Not only did he place 1st in his age group, he placed 1st OVERALL! He claims it was only because no high-school kids showed up to beat him. But he was really fast, anyway. He ran that race in 21 minutes flat. He was running so fast, he didn't know where to go. He told the police escort he needed to go faster because he was about to pass him and he didn't know where to turn!
I took this picture after the race. (I had a better one, but my stupid camera hasn't been working right, and half the pictures I take it says "unrecognized file format" on it. Grrr.) We stayed for the parade after the race. The kids kept asking "will there be candy?" Candy at parades is something new to me. See, I grew up right down the street from the Provo parade; so to me, parades were a huge thing, with several marching bands, lots of floats, clowns, etc, but there wasn't the candy-throwing that goes on here. This Sunset parade was pretty impressive to me, though, being from Provo and all--there were actually 2 (count 'em: TWO) FLOATS!!! Finally, there was the real sparkle and glam that you expect with a parade, even if they were pulled by trucks. The kids had lots of fun, and got their fair share of candy, too.

3 comments:

Ian and Kristin said...

That picture is too cute! Especially of little D. Congrats to Ben for placing 1st!

admin. said...

AWESOME! GREAT JOB BEN! We are so proud of you.

Rena said...

Wow!! Great Job Mutt! Cant wait to hug ya!