Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Friend

Today Ben and I went for a jog and picked up a friend. About half way through our route, two dogs started following us. I guess this one was right on my heels, so it's a good thing I didn't turn around. I probably would have been scared to death and kicked him. He was a friendly, young chocolate lab, though--and very hungry. The other one was black, and had on a collar and tags, and ditched us when he found someone else to follow. This one stayed with us the whole way. After a while we ran into a man out walking his little dogand this dog (of course) ran over to check things out. The man scooped his little dog right up and yelled at us "Get a leash on this dog!" We held out our hands and said "He's not our dog!" Ben said that happens to him frequently when he runs--a dog will start following him and people will tell him to get his dog out of the road, leash it, etc.

The poor thing was eating cigarette butts and bread he found in the road, so when he followed us home, we gave him some cat food, which he inhaled. We called the county animal shelter and they came and picked him up. I hope they find his family--I'm sure someone's missing him. He was a beautiful dog.



2 comments:

Clayton & Kayley Anderson said...

That is so sad! Labs are my favorite dogs, for their energy. I can always make friends with them. I also have been yelled at for not leashing a dog that was running around my yard, if he was my dog I would've stopped him!

admin. said...

Oy, I would have went pee pee in my pants if I turned around and a big dog was chasing me. Or even running with me.. That is the main reason I want a running track in my back yard. For bikes ect. Because it seems there are too many dogs out and about, even just a walk around the block I often get scared by dogs. I cant bring myself to walk out without my He-man to save me.