Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Spinning


Tonight I went to my first spinning class. I was really scared to do this, because people who spin are usually really hard-core athletes/fitness nuts--things I am definitely not. Plus, the bikes themselves kind of scare me. But, with the thought of a triathalon looming in my future, I thought it might be a good idea to see if I can even bike 11 miles. Thankfully my friend found a beginner spin class that we could attend without feeling so out of place with more advanced spinners. In the end I went 14+ miles, my legs felt like jello, and my hiney felt like it had become one with the seat. But I made it through! We'll have to see how I feel tomorrow when the lactic acid sets in.
In good news, though, the triathalon is full. It filled before Christmas, and I guess we were too slow to commit. However, there's one in September in St. George so we may just shoot for that one. The swimming in that one is in a reservoir, so I might have to do it with a life-jacket on.


5 comments:

Ian and Kristin said...

I have always wanted to do a spinning class too. Maybe I will try one now. ;)

Hollie said...

Okay between you and Missy I am begining to feel like a big cow. You are all fit and in shape and now going to spin classes....I am amazed at you both. You are awesome.

There is a great book on training for a triathalon in six weeks I got it for my husband when he did one a few years back. It was really helpful and helped him get ready.

Donna said...

Hey-I came home and took Ibupropen thinking I was sure to be hurting on Thurs. - but I felt great - How are you? Let's try it again!

Kristanne said...

14+ miles - wow - you are doing great. It is on my list, but I have yet to start on it. I have to be better. Good luck on the triathlon.

Anonymous said...

Nice work, Janette. I'm proud of you.