Saturday, January 17, 2009

Proposal

Tonight they boys and I were watching The Princess Bride. Of course, they were talking about getting married and true love and all that. Lemur turned to me and said "Who am I going to marry, Mom?" I said "You're going to marry your Princess Buttercup." Then he said "Will you marry me, Mom?"


Melted my heart! He was a little disappointed to hear me say I had already married his daddy. Mister and Lemur then went into a discussion about who they would marry--which included their siblings, and even the cat. I'm not quite sure they understand what it is to get married.

At the end of the movie when Princess Buttercup is kissing Wesley all over his face, Lemur ran up to me and said "Kiss me like that, Mom!" He's a sweetie...I better watch out when he gets older!

6 comments:

Clayton & Kayley Anderson said...

ha ha! Kids are so cute!

Ian and Kristin said...

That is so sweet! That little Lemur really is the sweetest kid!

lindsey v said...

What a cutie! Little boys are just the sweetest thing ever! It's the best feeling to be someones favorite girl. :)

Missy said...

That is ADORABLE!!!!!!!! Having all girls, I don't have any kids that would say that to me.....:( and if they did we would def. be having a talk:)

Kristanne said...

that is cute. Jace has asked me to marry him, but he has decided to split it between three girls right now - Halen being one. I guess he is harking back to his pioneer roots and polygamy. I don't think he quite gets it yet either!

Anonymous said...

you better watch out???? I better watch out when he comes over to play. I'll just call him Mr. hot lips. That is cute