I'm interrupting my England memories to bring you pictures of a crazy race. Last year, Ben and I ran in this relay. Basically it's a Ragnar, but it is called Epic--a team of 12 people who don't mind running long distances and not sleeping relay for 200 miles. It starts in Logan, UT and goes to Jackson, WY. I had fun doing it last year, so I committed to doing it again this year. And, since Ben hated it, Erik decided to take his place. So, Erik and I ran on this crazy team that consists of my brother-in-law's family. We were the Retro Rockers. Glance through the pictures and you will see where these crazy people took this theme. Yes, we had an old-school ghetto-blaster playing AC/DC or KISS or some other classic rock band they had a tape of. Erik says he will, and Maren (who volunteered with Ben at an exchange and met us at the finish line) even says she might run next year--if she's given an easy course. But, I am a little relay burned-out. I'll take a year off and see how I feel after that. Volunteering at an exchange sounds like it is more in my future.
 |
| And it begins! |
 |
| Erik (in the red) getting ready for his first leg...which was his longest at 7.39 miles. |
 |
| First van pass off. The crazy Retro-Rockers who were in our team's other van had the wild wigs that they wore at the exchanges. Our van was a little more laid-back with regard to the theme. |
 |
| The three brothers...Brent with the boom-box, Nate with the denim jacket, and Russ (my bro-in-law) in the Def Leopard Shirt. |
 |
| Running through the exchange. |
 |
| 11 of us (one runner was off on his first leg) in front of Preston High...of Napoleon Dynamite fame. |
 |
| Shorty-shorts. Don't bend over! |
 |
| My last exchange. Katie (the girl in red behind me) was a cross-country champ in school and ran right before me. She killed on time. And then I slowed us down for a reality check. 37-year-old mom on the road does not = speed. |
 |
| Erik and me at the end of my 7.2 mile climb up this canyon. |
 |
| The canyon I ran through. |
 |
Finish Line! YAY!
Teton Village (finish line) is such a neat place. Jackson is beautiful and I always enjoy spending time there, even if I have just run 16 miles in 28 hours. |
 |
| Air guitar. I don't know why these finish-line pics are so over-exposed. |
 |
| Another pose with our medals. |
 |
| Crazy rockers!!! I think a couple of them are stuck in the '80s and '90s. |
1 comment:
I love it! Way to go you 37 year old mom! I've heard our runs called "the mommy shuffle". I loved it
Post a Comment