I tried making fondant for the first time today. It was really fun and quite messy. I'm not great at it, but it looks pretty cool. It's a fun medium to work with.
Very cool! I have a friend who also likes to watch Ace of Cakes (I saw on facebook that you watch that) and she loves to use that fondant stuff too.
I did a cake with dots once but I used starbursts and heated them a little in the microwave and then rolled them out and cut them into circles. I don't know why I didn't just use fondant. I bet it would be a lot easier to work with. It looks a lot smoother.
fondant is really cool. You can make so many shapes and designs with it that regular frosting just doesn't do. My only complaint is: I have yet to taste any fondant that tastes good, kind of like royal frosting - yuck. I don't know if you did this, but I always frost the cake first and then put the fondant over the top. Anyway... your cake looks really nice. You did an excellent job!!
6 comments:
You have inspired me to try it. Maybe I will give it a whirl for Ian's birthday!
Very cool! I have a friend who also likes to watch Ace of Cakes (I saw on facebook that you watch that) and she loves to use that fondant stuff too.
I did a cake with dots once but I used starbursts and heated them a little in the microwave and then rolled them out and cut them into circles. I don't know why I didn't just use fondant. I bet it would be a lot easier to work with. It looks a lot smoother.
Very cute. Happy Birthday Boy!!
how did it taste????
Happy birthday!!! I know you got to choose and so I can never remember the 6th or the 7th.
But happy happy Birthday K!
fondant is really cool. You can make so many shapes and designs with it that regular frosting just doesn't do. My only complaint is: I have yet to taste any fondant that tastes good, kind of like royal frosting - yuck. I don't know if you did this, but I always frost the cake first and then put the fondant over the top. Anyway... your cake looks really nice. You did an excellent job!!
Wow! It looks amazing. you did a great job Jan.
Happy Belated Birthday Kaden, love you.
Post a Comment