Friday, December 5, 2008

Christmas Lights

Didn't I just take these down from last year?! Bentley keeps telling me it's time to put up the Christmas decor. I seriously feel like I just did it or, rather, undid it. He told me he keeps forgetting it's Christmas until he goes to work and sees all the decorations. Okay, honey, I got the clue! So, today Missy helped (well, more like watched) me string 1000 lights on the Japanese maple, plus more lights on the bushes, and wrap the pillars on the front porch. It took a while, but the house looks nice! I wasn't about to go on the roof this year to hang the icicle lights. Though, Lemur said that I needed to so that Santa would know where to come. Here's a picture Buddy took of the house.

I also went to my quilting class today. We need to practice, practice, practice the machine quilting before attempting our quilt projects. Here are my first tries. It's really fun to do. But, as you can see, I really need lots of practice to get it even and consistant, and I need to practice doing one thing so it looks good. I just did whatever, wherever--star here, heart there, a snowman, a little flower or leaf.

5 comments:

Hollie said...

Check you out. You hang all of the Christmas lights and then you go to a quiling group. First, I don't know where you find time to do all of it. Second, you are very diverified.

By the way the quilting looks awesome.

Dynamix Crew said...

Wow, good job! I did straight lines with the walking foot and decided I better hand quilt mine. haha

Rena said...

I would love to learn how to do that some day. Maybe you can teach me after you learn all about it ;)

Robert and Kim said...

i love the random shapes!

Kristanne said...

Your decorations look so nice. It does seem like it takes forever to put them up and then to take them down. Your quilt looks nice. You are going to be an expert in no time at all!