Friday, April 27, 2012

England

This week I've been spending a lot of time on this site. But first, let me back up a bit. Last August, I had two of my favorite people over for dinner--2 roomies from my first year of college. One had just been to England the year before and was getting the itch to go back. So, I told her if she went, she'd better take me along with her. A couple weeks ago, I got a text from her concerning cheap airline tickets for this September, and was I in? Heck, yes! We started looking into it, half-heartedly. Well, ticket prices went back up, so we thought we'd just keep an eye out for a great rate again. On Monday, I was just messing around with the airfare app I downloaded, trying different dates and looking at prices. For the heck of it, I popped in some dates at the end of May, and what do I find? Great prices to London! I hurriedly texted and emailed my friend, and she worked some of her charm at work (to get deadlines re-arranged, etc), and by Monday afternoon we had two tickets to London purchased. This means we have about three weeks to plan our trip. I bought a guide-book and already feel overwhelmed--I need 2 months to see and do everything that I would love to see and do! We are definitely going to pack in as much as possible in the 8 1/2 days we have, though. Stay tuned for more!

2 comments:

sinika said...

So exciting! We have been there on the cheap a couple of times and it was great! Everything is so old. You will love it!

Kim T. said...

How fun!! I can't wait to hear how it went!