Thursday, January 26, 2012

Baptism Binders

I've been serving as the Beehive counselor in my ward for three years now. It is the best calling ever. I love it. At the beginning of every year, as a class activity we make Baptism Binders for the Primary children who are getting baptized during that year. Then the Bishop presents it to the child with his/her certificate after they are baptized. We really only make a cover-sheet where they can put a picture of themselves, and then there are copied pages that they can fill in--with things like their testimony and who attended, etc. My adviser always headed up this project, but she was taken away from me last month, so I have had to come up with what, exactly, we will be doing. And to try to establish more order out of what is usually a chaotic young women's activity. Especially because this year we have 14 of these to make. Yes, 14. Two of them are mine.



So, this is what I have created. I am hoping the design will be not too paper-hungry, and will be something I will be able to get all cut out, so the girls just have to assemble them. I plan on using a CriCut to cut out the child's name to go across the top. I will post pics of the final products, if they turn out well. It is a great service project for young women, and they love doing it.

1 comment:

Greg and Deborah Coffey said...

Thanks for sharing about the baptism scrapbook. We're on a mission in Hong Kong and are preparing one of these scrapbooks for our grandson back in the US. It is helpful to see others' ideas!

God bless you all!
coffeysmission.blogspot.com