Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Middle of the Night Musings

Do you ever wake up in the middle of the night thinking about everything you need to do, would like to do, or didn't do...like let the cat in when it's freezing outside? Last night I wasn't feeling well, so I went to bed. When Ben asked where Jack was, I said, "Oh, I think he went outside. I should try to go find him." Well, I didn't try to find him...until 3 AM, at which time, I woke up thinking "I have let the cat freeze to death." I half-heartedly attempted to look for him. He wasn't on either porch, so I figured Maren had let him in before going to bed.

But, the damage was done. (Not to the cat...he was fine, although I do think he spent the night outside.) The sleep was interrupted. The brain was on and not to be turned off for at least an hour.

Here is where the "would-like-to-do" comes in. I have long wanted to write down some of the experiences we had when we lived in Mexico, before we had kids, and when Maren and Erik were young. "It wouldn't be very exciting, though," I thought, "without pictures to go along with it." So, I have resolved to find old pictures...the kind that aren't on the computer...and scan them and start sharing some of our past. The only problem is, it may take me a while to get organized enough to find them and start scanning. (Not to mention the time factor...it will take some time...probably lots of time. And I am not sure time is something I have in abundance before the year is over.)

So, I think that in the near future, I will try to bore you all with some of our adventures...mixed in with all my other boring posts. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Kim T. said...

I look forward to taking that trip down memory lane with you!

sinika said...

If there is anything important going on the next day, I cannot sleep the night before... I wake up every hour thinking I slept in and have super stressful dreams. Not to mention kids who seem to wake up every night?

I loooove sleep!