I've fallen behind in recording my workouts. And I've already forgotten one workout which included something called a "sprawl" which is similar to a burpee, but you don't do the push up. Then it was followed by some punching/boxing, which is always fun. Anyway, here are the workouts that I had written down, just not typed up, yet.
.25 mile run
25 thrusters (12 lb. weights)
25 abs (alternating between jack-knife abs, and sit-ups)
25 back extentions (using incline bench)
All of this was done as quickly as possible. I was able to get 5 total sets done in about 30 minutes.
25 box jumps
3 pull-ups (strict--which means controlled and slow on the way down, until arms fully extended)
25 upright row (with 35 lb bar)
3 pull-ups
25 sumo squats (with 35 lb weight)
3 pull-ups
25 hanging abs
3 pull-ups
25 triceps (on bench lying on back)
3 pull-ups
So, the pull ups were in between every move. This really made my back and shoulders sore. I can't remember if I had to repeat this (seems like I did it twice, and got through 1/2 of the moves the third time), as I didn't write that part down.
This week, Tuesday was the first day back since I had caught a nasty cold, which is still lingering. But I took a week off of working out while I tried to recover.
100 ski squats*
50 sit-ups
10 push-ups
Each following set, take 20 off of the squats, 10 off the sit-ups, and push-ups remain same. I did sets. This is what the following sets looked like:
80 s.s., 40 s.u., 10 p.u.; 60 s.s., 30 s.u., 10 p.u.; 40 s.s., 20 s.u.; 10 p.u.
*This is where I am holding weights on the machine--with a pulley--and I squat with the arms out, and as I stand, I pull arms in to chest with elbows out. This works the shoulders and back.
Today I did a fit test where I was timed to see how quickly I could do this:
1 mile run
150 squats
75 pull-ups
50 push-ups
I had to run the mile all at one time, and then I could break the other moves up into sets, as I felt was easiest/fastest. I did 75 squats, 30 pull-ups, 30 push-ups; 75 squats, 25 pull-ups, 10 push-ups; 10 pull-ups, 10 push-ups; 10 pull-ups. My time was 21:36.
1 comment:
Wow! I am tired just reading about it. I can't imagine actually doing it. You are getting so thin, and in such good shape. I do envy that - just not enough to do anything about it. You are an inspiration though.
Post a Comment